Serves in a variety of capacities in the kitchen, patient/resident dining room, and patient rooms. The position interacts with employees, residents, and guests on a regular basis, providing food items and customer service. Responsible for assisting the dietary department in courteous and prompt food service. Serving meals, maintaining the highest level of sanitation, while demonstrating knowledge of modified diets, sanitation, and the highest level of customer service at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the general knowledge, skill and / or ability required:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Will have access to confidential information and abides by the organization’s privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.