Receives or obtains specimens for analysis and applies techniques used in fields of microbiology, hematology, serology, clinical chemistry, morphological examinations and procedures and provides accurate, reliable, reproducible, and timely test results utilizing the best technology available to provide our physicians with the means to treat our patients, from newborn to elderly, in a manner consistent with quality healthcare. Records test results in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures and regulatory agency requirements (FDA, AABB, CLIA, etc.) to achieve the best quality patient care in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Haxtun Hospital District.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the general knowledge, skill and / or ability required:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Will have access to confidential information and abides by the organization’s privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.